In-Person Class & Event Safety Protocols
Oregon Care Partners event attendees include care professionals, family caregivers, and members of the public who provide care and support for a population vulnerable to infection. To promote the health and safety of our event attendees and the people in their care, Oregon Care Partners will implement reasonable, appropriate infection control plans and/or protocols in response to an infectious disease alert or warning based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and state and local public health authorities. These protocols may be updated at any time.
Please check this page for current information before attending an in-person class or event and contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
By attending an Oregon Care Partners in-person class or event, you understand that you may be exposed to infections including COVID-19, and you are voluntarily assuming the risks of exposure by attending and in-person class or event.
Oregon Care Partners will share safety protocols in advance of in-person classes and events in registration confirmation emails and reminder emails based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and state and local public health authorities.
Class & Event Expectations
Oregon Care Partners expects all in-person class and event attendees to review the following protocols prior to attending and follow the guidelines when in attendance.
Masks are not required at this time, but this is subject to change based on current guidelines from federal, state, and local health agencies. However, attendees may choose to wear a mask at any time.
We all must do our part to prevent the spread of infection. Help reduce the risk of exposure and prevent the spread of the flu, common cold, and COVID-19 by following these simple practices:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us.
Effective June 1, 2023
2. Services. Oregon Care Partners operates and provides access to a range of services and offerings accessible to users working or residing in Oregon. The OCP Sites contains training and long-term care career development content and support services. For example, the OCP Sites and OCP Services include training and maintaining training information such as certification of Continuing Education Units (CEU) information on all training participants, as necessary. The OCP Services enable a user to create personal profiles (each a “Profile”) that can be searched and viewed only by authorized Oregon Care Partners personnel, its agents, or its contractors, unless you choose to share your profile and/or any related content with a third party. The OCP Services also support the development of a system of e-mail and mailing lists for promotional materials by Oregon Care Partners and survey tools. Oregon Care Partners may modify, enhance, restrict, or terminate the OCP Sites and/or the OCP Services in its sole discretion at any time and without notice to you. Not all OCP Services are available in all geographic areas. Your eligibility for OCP Services is subject to final determination by Oregon Care Partners.
4. Accessing the Website and Account Security. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the OCP Sites or OCP Services in our sole and absolute discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the OCP Site or OCP Servicse is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the OCP Sites, or the entire OCP Sites, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
(a) Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the OCP Sites.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the OCP Sites or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
5. Consent and Release for Photographs and Recordings. By accessing or using the OCP Services, including attending any in-person training events, you consent and agree that Oregon Care Partners, its employees or agents shall have the right to take photographs, video, or digital recordings of you during any in-person training class offered by or through Oregon Care Partners that you attend and to use your image or likeness in any and all media format exclusively for marketing and publicity activities by Oregon Care Partners, including but not limited to brochures, advertising and articles created by Oregon Care Partners, its employees or agents. You further understand and agree that this will be done without compensation or remuneration to you and the photographs, videos or digital recordings will not be produced for sale to the public at large by Oregon Care Partners. Additionally, you acknowledge and understand that the photographs, videos or digital recordings will become the property of Oregon Care Partners and that if you revoke your consent by providing written notification to Oregon Care Partners that you no longer want the photographs, videos or digital recordings of you to be used by Oregon Care Partners, the revocation will not apply to any photographs, video, or digital recordings that have already been released, distributed or published in response to this consent. You and Oregon Care Partners specifically acknowledge that your name shall not be revealed either in descriptive text or commentary, unless you authorize us to do so in writing.
By accessing or using OCP Services, including attending any in-person training events, you waive any rights, claims or interest you may have in the image or likeness selected by Oregon Care Partners for use on its website or promotional materials, and you understand and agree that Oregon Care Partners is not responsible for any expense or liability incurred as a result of its use of your image or likeness for any reason.
6. Age Requirement. You must be at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside to use or access the OCP Sites and the OCP Services. By using or accessing the OCP Sites or the Services, you represent, acknowledge, and agree that you are at least 18 years of age and have the right, authority, and capacity to agree to and abide by these Terms.
7. User Account and Password. During the registration process, you will be asked to use your email address as your username. Each user is required to have a unique username and password. You may not use as your username the email address of another person or otherwise create a false identity or misrepresent your identity; an email address which violates any trademark right, copyright, or other proprietary right; or an email address which Oregon Care Partners deems in its discretion to be vulgar or otherwise offensive. Oregon Care Partners reserves the right to delete or change any username for any reason or no reason. You are fully responsible for all activities conducted through or under your login information, including username and/or password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the username or password of another user at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. If you believe your password has been compromised, please change your password immediately. If problems with your password persist, please contact the Oregon Care Partners’ support team at email@example.com or call (800) 930-6851. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your login information (username and/or password).
8. User Content; Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination. You are solely responsible for any information, documents, contents, or materials that you submit, upload, post or otherwise make available on or through the OCP Sites and/or OCP Services (“User Content”), including the accuracy, reliability, appropriateness, and legality of such User Content. By submitting or uploading any User Content, you represent and warrant that you own all rights to the User Content, or alternatively, you have acquired all necessary rights to the User Content, and your User Content does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights, violation of contract, privacy or publicity rights or any other harm resulting from your User Content.
9. Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination. We have the right to:
(a) Remove or refuse to post any User Content for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
(c) Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
(d) Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the OCP Sites.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the OCP Sites. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS OCP AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the OCP Sites, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
10. Content Standards. These content standards apply to any and all User Content. User Content must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Content must not:
(a) Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
(b) Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
(c) Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
(e) Be likely to deceive any person.
(f) Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
(g) Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
(h) Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
(i) Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
(j) Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
11. Reliance on Information Posted. The information presented on or through the OCP Sites is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the OCP Sites, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This OCP Sites may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by OCP, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
12. Changes to OCP Sites. We may update the content on the OCP Sites from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the OCP Sites may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
13. Compliance with Laws. You understand and agree that you will use the OCP Sites and OCP Services in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, and regulatory requirements. You may not use the OCP Sites or OCP Services in any manner that is inconsistent with applicable law or for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws or regulations. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you also agree to comply with applicable local rules or codes of conduct (including codes imposed by your employer) regarding online behavior and acceptable content. Additionally, you agree to comply with applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States. Oregon Care Partners reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, is suspected of violating this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Use of the OCP Sites or OCP Services is void where prohibited.
14. Prohibited Conduct. When using or accessing the OCP Sites and/or OCP Services, you agree not to:
- Use OCP Sites, OCP Services or their content for any purposes or in any manner that is unlawful, that intentionally or unintentionally violates these Terms or any applicable local, state, national or international law, or that is inappropriate, harmful, or offensive.
- Use OCP Sites, OCP Services or their content for any purposes or in any manner, including but not limited to submitting or uploading anything, that is defamatory, libelous, abusive, harassing, discriminatory, threatening, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, pornographic, or otherwise inappropriate, including but not limited to using an e-mail address which Oregon Care Partners deems in its discretion to be vulgar or offensive.
- Discuss, advocate, or incite illegal activity.
- Post or upload anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals.
- Violate or infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, or intellectual property rights of others, including but not limited to removing any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from the OCP Sites or materials originating from the OCP Sites and OCP Services.
- Violate or encroach on the rights of others, including privacy rights.
- Interfere with or disrupt OCP Sites, OCP Services and/or servers or networks connected to or supporting OCP Sites and OCP Services, including but not limited to submitting information that contains viruses, worms, time bombs, trojan horses and other harmful, malicious, or damaging code, files, scripts, agents, or programs.
- Use any false, inaccurate, or deceitful information for purposes of registering as a user of the OCP Sites and OCP Services, including but not limited to impersonating any person or entity or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation or relationship with a person or entity.
- Violate the security or integrity of the OCP Sites or OCP Services, including using the username or password of another user at any time, disclosing your username and password to any third party, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the OCP Sites or OCP Services through hacking or any other means.
- Delete or revise any material or other information of any other user or the OCP Sites or OCP Services, or otherwise alter the opinions or comments posted by others on the OCP Sites and OCP Services.
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, ‘pyramid schemes’, or any other form of solicitation.
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the OCP Sites and OCP Services.
- Use the OCP Sites, OCP Services, or the materials offered by and through the OCP Sites and OCP Services for any commercial or pecuniary purpose.
- Attempt to or modify, adapt, translate, decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the OCP Sites, the OCP Services, or the materials offered by and through the OCP Sites and OCP Services.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the OCP Sites and/or OCP Services.
- Frame or mirror any part of the OCP Sites without Oregon Care Partners’ prior written consent.
- Take any actions that impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure or may otherwise harm, disrupt or overburden the OCP Sites.
This list of prohibited conduct is not complete or an exhaustive list of prohibited conduct. OCP reserves the right to (a) terminate access to your account as well as your ability to use the OCP Sites and/or the OCP Services and (b) refuse, delete or remove any User Content; with or without cause and with or without notice, for any reason or no reason, or for any action that Oregon Care Partners determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate or disruptive to OCP Sites, OCP Services, or to any other user of OCP Sites and/or OCP Services. Oregon Care Partners may report any activities or actions that may be illegal to law enforcement authorities, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required or at its discretion, Oregon Care Partners will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on the OCP Sites and/or OCP Services.
15. Proprietary & Intellectual Property Rights. As between you and Oregon Care Partners, Oregon Care Partners provides content, materials and/or services through the OCP Sites and/or OCP Services that are the copyrighted and/or trademarked work of Oregon Care Partners or Oregon Care Partners’ third-party licensors and suppliers (collectively, the “Proprietary Materials”). Proprietary Materials may include logos, graphics, video, images, software, and other content. Oregon Care Partners hereby grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to use and to display the Proprietary Materials and to use the OCP Sites and the OCP Services solely for your personal use as specifically provided herein. Except for the foregoing license, you have no other rights in the OCP Sites, the OCP Services or any Proprietary Materials and you may not modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the OCP Sites, the OCP Services, or the Proprietary Materials in any manner. If you breach any of these terms, the above license will terminate automatically, and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Proprietary Materials.
(a) Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
(b) You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
(c) You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the OCP Sites for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
(d) If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
(a) Modify copies of any materials from this site.
(b) Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
(c) Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the OCP Sites or any OCP Services or materials available through the OCP Sites.
16. Links to Third-Party Sites and Content. The OCP Sites and/or OCP Services may be linked to or may link to third-party websites, applications, content, materials and/or services that are not owned, operated, or created by Oregon Care Partners (“Third-Party Sites and Content”). Oregon Care Partners provides links to the Third-Party Sites and Content as a convenience only. Oregon Care Partners has no control over Third Party Sites and Content, and Oregon Care Partners is in no way responsible for Third-Party Sites and Content, including but not limited to the accuracy, truthfulness, quality, or completeness of any content, services or materials displayed on or through any Third-Party Sites and Content. Any reference on the OCP Sites and/or OCP Services to any Third-Party Sites and Content does not constitute or imply Oregon Care Partner’s endorsement or recommendation of such site or content.
ANY RELIANCE ON THIRD-PARTY SITES AND CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. OREGON CARE PARTNERS IS NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY SITES AND CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR HARM THAT IS RELATED TO, ARISING OUT OF OR CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR RELIANCE ON THIRD-PARTY SITES AND CONTENT.
17. Intellectual Property Infringement. Oregon Care Partners respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your intellectual property rights are the subject of copyright and/or trademark infringement and appears on the OCP Sites, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 930-6851 to make a complaint of copyright and/or trademark infringement. Oregon Care Partners may, in appropriate circumstances, remove any content or materials which infringes the copyright of another person under applicable laws upon receipt of written notice in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. In addition, Oregon Care Partners may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate your use of or access to the OCP Sites and/or OCP Services if you infringe on the intellectual property rights of others.
18. Electronic Communications. By using the OCP Sites and/or the OCP Services, you consent to receiving electronic communications from Oregon Care Partners. These electronic communications may include information about OCP’ Services and features of the Site, notices about applicable fees and charges, transactional information and other information concerning or related to the Site and/or Services. These electronic communications are part of your relationship with OCP. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
20. Disclaimer of Warranties. YOUR USE OF THE OCP SITES AND/OR OCP SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE OCP SITES AND/OR OCP SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS, ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGTEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. OREGON CARE PARTNERS AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ANY SITE, SERVICES, CONTENTS OR MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON OR SENT THROUGH OCP SITES AND/OR OCP CONTENT ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CORRECT OR FREE OF ERRORS; ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, SPYWARE, MALWARE OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; OR WILL HAVE ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CORRECTED.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
21. Limitation of Liability and Damages.
- 21.1 No Liability for Your Use of OCP Sites and OCP Content. Oregon Care Partners provides a venue for educational training and career support services to designated individuals. Oregon Care Partners has no involvement whatsoever in the actual care, treatment and/or services provided by these individuals, and it is not involved in any transaction between health care providers and their clients. In addition, Oregon Care Partners has no control whatsoever over caregiver actions, or the quality, safety or decisions of any person using the OCP Sites and/or OCP Services. You acknowledge and agree that you assume sole responsibility and liability for how information, content and materials viewed or acquired from OCP Sites and/or OCP Contents is used in your daily activities and caregiving decisions. Oregon Care Partners shall have no responsibility or liability for any actions, claims, losses, or damages arising out of or related to your use of OCP Sites and/or OCP Content or Third-Party Sites and Content accessed via links referenced in OCP Sites and/or OCP Content.
- 21.2 Limitations of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, OREGON CARE PARTNERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM USE OF OCP SITES, OCP CONTENT, OR ANY OTHER SERVICES, CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU BY OR THROUGH OREGON CARE PARTNERS OR YOUR DISPLAYING, COPYING, OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS TO OR FROM OCP SITES AND/OR OCP CONTENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL OREGON CARE PARTNERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) HOWEVER ARISING, EVEN IF OREGON CARE PARTNERS KNOWS THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- OREGON CARE PARTNERS’ MAXIMUM TOTAL, AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OCP SITES, OCP CONTENT AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED THEREIN, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE), WILL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO OREGON CARE PARTNERS WITHIN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE DATE THE CLAIM FIRST AROSE.
23. Local Laws: Export Control. Oregon Care Partners controls and operates the OCP Sites and OCP Services from its headquarters in the State of Oregon, and the content, information and materials provided may not be appropriate or suitable for use in other states. If you use the OCP Sites and OCP Services outside the State of Oregon, you are solely responsible for following applicable local laws.
24. Feedback. If you send or transmit any communications, comments, questions, suggestions, or related materials to Oregon Care Partners, whether by letter, email, telephone, or otherwise (collectively, “Feedback”), suggesting or recommending changes to the OCP Site or OCP Services, including, without limitation, new features or functionality relating thereto, all such Feedback is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. You hereby assign all right, title, and interest in, and Oregon Care Partners is free to use, without any attribution or compensation to you, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property and proprietary rights contained in the Feedback, whether or not patentable, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, having manufactured, licensing, marketing, and selling, directly or indirectly, products and services using such Feedback. You understand and agree that Oregon Care Partners is not obligated to use, display, reproduce, or distribute any such ideas, know-how, concepts, or techniques contained in the Feedback, and you have no right to compel such use, display, reproduction, or distribution.
26. Arbitration Agreement; Class Action Waiver.
Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It affects your rights.
Most concerns can be resolved quickly and informally by contacting us at email@example.com or calling (800) 930-6851. This Arbitration Agreement facilitates the prompt and efficient resolution of any disputes that may arise between you and Oregon Care Partners and that cannot be informally resolved. Arbitration is a private dispute resolution process in which persons with a dispute waive their rights to file a lawsuit in a court of law, and instead submit their disputes to a neutral, private third person (or arbitrator) for a binding decision. The arbitrator, not a judge or a jury in court, makes a decision about the dispute in a process that is similar to, but not, a court trial.
You have the right to opt out of this Arbitration Agreement (as explained below), which means you would retain your right to litigate your disputes in a court, either before a judge or jury.
- 26.1 Agreement to Arbitrate. By using or accessing the OCP Sites and/or OCP Services, you and Oregon Care Partners, LLC agree, with the exception of a small claims court action, that any and all disputes, claims, or controversy between you and Oregon Care Partners, LLC, its officers, directors, members, and employees, arising out of, or in any way relating to, the OCP Sites, the OCP Services and your relationship with Oregon Care Partners, must be resolved by binding arbitration and must not be filed in a court of law. The application of this arbitration agreement includes, but is not limited to, any dispute, claims or controversies arising out of state or federal law, whether existing or arising in the future, whether for statutory, compensatory, or punitive damages and whether sounding in contract, tort or breach of statutory duties, irrespective of the basis for the duty or legal theories upon which the claim is asserted. The application of this arbitration agreement includes the enforceability or scope of this arbitration agreement, with the exception of the enforceability of the Class Action Waiver clause below. You and Oregon Care Partners understand that arbitration is a private process where disputing parties agree that a neutral, private individual (the arbitrator), and not a judge or jury in a court, makes a final and binding decision about the dispute in a process that is similar to, but not, a court trial.
- 26.2 No Class or Representative Action. You and Oregon Care Partners agree that each may bring claims against the other only on an individual basis and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, representative or private attorney general, or other aggregated action or proceeding. Unless the parties agree in writing, the arbitrator shall not consolidate or join more than one person’s or party’s claims. Any relief awarded shall be on an individual basis and cannot affect others or the general public.
- 26.3 Demand for Arbitration and Selection of Arbitrator. A demand for arbitration by you or your legal representative must be made in writing and submitted to Director of Oregon Care Partners, 11740 SW 68th Parkway, Suite 250, Portland, Oregon 97223 via certified mail, return receipt requested. Demand for arbitration by Oregon Care Partners must be made in writing and submitted to you via certified mail at the physical address that Oregon Care Partners has on file for you. Prior to arbitration, you and Oregon Care Partners may attempt to resolve the dispute through informal discussions or through mediation. The arbitration panel must be composed of one (1) arbitrator agreed to by you and Oregon Care Partners. The arbitrator must be a member in good standing with the Oregon State Bar with at least 10 years’ experience as an arbitrator. The arbitrator must be unbiased of all parties, witnesses, and legal counsel and no past or present officer, director, affiliate, subsidiary, or employee of you, Oregon Care Partners, a witness or legal counsel may serve as an arbitrator in the proceeding. If you and Oregon Care Partners cannot agree to an arbitrator within sixty (60) days of receipt of the demand for arbitration, each party must select an arbitrator and the two arbitrators must appoint a third arbitrator, subject to the criteria in this paragraph, who will act as the single arbitrator to hear the case. If within thirty (30) days of receipt of the demand for arbitration, a party to this arbitration agreement fails to notify the other, in writing, of its preferred arbitrator, that party effectively forfeits its right to choose an arbitrator.
- 26.4 Arbitration Procedure. The arbitration proceedings must take place in Portland, Oregon, unless otherwise mutually agreed to by you and Oregon Care Partners in writing. The arbitrator must apply state rules of evidence and state rules of civil procedure in the arbitration proceeding, except where otherwise stated in this arbitration agreement. It is the intent of the parties to this arbitration agreement that the arbitration process be efficient and completed as quickly and inexpensively as possible while still preserving each party’s right to a fair hearing. It is therefore the intent of the parties to this arbitration agreement that the claim(s) be completed resolved within one (1) year after the date an arbitrator has been selected. The arbitration decisions should be signed by the arbitrator and delivered to each party and their counsel within thirty (30) days following the conclusion of the arbitration. The decision must set forth in detail the arbitrator’s findings of fact and conclusions of law. The arbitrator must apply, and the arbitration decision must be consistent with the laws of Oregon, except as otherwise stated in this arbitration agreement. All proceedings and the award must remain confidential in all respects, including deposition transcripts, documents produced or obtained in discovery, or other materials provided by and exchanged between the parties to this arbitration agreement and arbitrator’s findings of fact and conclusions of law. The arbitrator’s decision must be final, and binding and such decision may only be vacated or modified as allowed by the Federal Arbitration Act. The arbitrator’s fees and costs associated with the arbitration must be divided equally among the parties. The parties must bear their own attorney’s fees and costs, except as awarded pursuant to applicable law.
- 26.5 Federal Arbitration Act. The parties to this arbitration agreement expressly agree that this arbitration agreement, including its interpretation, validity, and enforcement, must be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) and the FAA preempts any inconsistent state laws.
- 26.6 Opt Out. You may opt-out and revoke your agreement to arbitrate by delivering written notice or your intent to opt out of arbitration to the Director at Oregon Care Partners by certified mail within thirty (30) days from the date that you first use and/or access the OCP Sites and/or OCP Services (“Opt-Out Deadline”). You understand and agree that any such opt out applies only to new claims that would otherwise be arbitrated pursuant to this arbitration agreement but does not modify or affect prior agreements between the parties (if any) to arbitrator prior or presently existing claims. Your decision to opt-out of the agreement to arbitrate will have no adverse effect on your relationship with Oregon Care Partners or your ongoing use and/or access to OCP Sites and/or OCP Services. Any opt-out request received after the Opt-Out Deadline will not be valid and you must pursue your claims, disputes or controversies in arbitration or small claims court.
- 26.7 Severability. If any clause within this arbitration agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this arbitration agreement and the remainder of this arbitration agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- 26.8 Continuation. This arbitration agreement shall survive the termination of your relationship with Oregon Care Partners or its affiliates.
27. Termination. Oregon Care Partners may terminate these Terms and discontinue, suspend, or terminate your access to or use of the OCP Sites and/or the OCP Services, including your user account, without notice if we, in our sole discretion, believe that you are less than 18 years old, or have otherwise violated any of these Terms.
30. Contact Us. If you have any questions about these Terms or otherwise need to contact OCP for any reason, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 930-6851.
Effective July 1, 2023
- What information do we collect from you?
- Where do we collect information from you and how do we use it?
- With whom do we share your information?
- How can you update, correct, or delete your personally identifiable information?
- What are your choices regarding collection, use and distribution of your information?
- What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
- Do we use “cookies”?
- What should you know about the privacy policies and data collection at any third-party sites accessible from the Online Services?
- What else should you know about your privacy online?
How We Collect Personal and Non-Personal Information Through the Online Services.
We collect two kinds of information through the Online Services: non-personal information and personal information. Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using our Site:
Non-Personal Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Site in several ways. The non-personal information we collect includes: your browser type, device type, and operating system; area(s) of the Online Services visited; date and time of access; host or Internet Service Provider (ISP) information; and identification of the referring site (any site from which you accessed the Online Services), including the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”); your internet protocol (“IP”) address. We may collect browsing habits, user movement and activity during your use of the Online Services. For example, we may collect data regarding the links clicked or buttons accessed while using the Online Services. This type of information does not identify you personally and we use this information to track the total number of individuals using the Online Services and to guide our efforts to improve our site and the Online Services.
A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (“TCP/IP”) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks like the World Wide Web use the TCP/IP to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are using the web, allowing web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the internet.
Personal Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on the Online Services, including but not limited to contacting customer support, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities and provide the above information. If you elect to engage in these activities however, we will collect personal information about you when you choose to provide it, including but not limited to your name, address or other contact information, educational information, or information provided for training, job search or career development assistance services offered by and through Oregon Care Partners, and we use this personal information solely for purposes that are clearly identified on the Online Services. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
In addition, when you use certain Online Services, we may collect precise information about the location of your mobile device, but only with your express consent. Once you have consented to the collection of the precise location of your mobile device, you may adjust this consent by managing your location services preferences through the settings of your mobile device.
Users Must Be Older Than 18.
Oregon Care Partners and its Online Services are not intended for users younger than 18. Oregon Care Partners does not seek or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we become aware that a visitor under the age of 18 has submitted information, we will remove and delete that information from our files.
When creating a user account for Online Services, you must provide a valid e-mail address and password. This information is kept confidential and stored securely. E-mail addresses and passwords are not made available to any other third parties by OCP. The e-mail address is used to contact you if you have forgotten your password or account information.
We provide you with choices about how you share and manage your training data via our Online Services. You may edit, change, or correct training data through your account. You can also ask us to provide a third party, such as your employer or prospective employer, with access to your training data. You can also ask us for a copy of your training data in a hard copy form. You may contact us at email@example.com with respect to any requests related to your training data.
Where do We Collect Information from you and How We Use or Disclose Your Information?
We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You provide Certain Personally Identifiable Information to use when you: (a) send e-mail messages, contact customer support, or transmit other information by telephone, letter, or online forms; or (b) submit your credit card or other payment information when utilizing available services offered by the Online Services. We may also collect information from you at other points on our Online Services that state that such information is being collected. In addition, we may collect certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
We may use the information we collect through the Online Services for a number of purposes, including:
- to provide you with products, services, or information you request;
- to provide you with information about the Online Services or required notices;
- to deliver marketing communications or promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- to develop and improve the services we provide to you, including the Online Services;
- to customize your experience when using the Online Services; and
- to prevent and detect fraud, infringement, and other potential misuse of our site or the Online Services.
We also may anonymize, combine, or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Online Services or elsewhere for any of these purposes or for analyzing usage statistics and trends.
Oregon Care Partners does not sell personal information to third parties and your personal information is not shared with third parties for marketing purposes without your consent. However, we may share your personal information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us when: (1) permitted or required by law; (2) required by our contractual relationship with Oregon Department of Human Services; (3) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or (4) investigating fraud which has already taken place. We may share your non-personal information with third parties without restrictions.
Except for the above, we do not sell, trade, or rent your Personally Identifiable Information to others. We and our service partners, including Relias, use your Personally Identifiable Information to operate our Online Services.
Occasionally, we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personally Identifiable Information to appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
This site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered to facilitate and customize your use of the Online Services. A cookie is a small data text file, which a website stores on your computer’s hard drive (if your web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us. The cookies make your use of the Online Services easier, make the Online Services run more smoothly and help us to maintain a secure website. If we store cookies, you are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of the Online Services may not work properly in that case.
Commitment to Data Security.
Oregon Care Partners takes reasonable precautions to maintain the security of the personal information that you share with us and to safeguard that personal information from unauthorized use. Despite reasonable efforts to protect the unauthorized use or misuse of your personal information, there are complexities with e-mails and the Internet and e-mails and the Internet are not a secure medium. The transmission of personal information over e-mails and the Internet may not be secure or could be breached, and we do not assume any responsibility for any harm, loss or damage that you may experience from transmission of information by or to Oregon Care Partners through e-mails or over the Internet.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Online Services cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transmit by a third-party.
We use your email and mailing address to keep you updated on educational offerings and events. All emails and newsletters sent to you by Oregon Care Partners include a link in the footer of the email or newsletter where you can opt out of any further mailings. If you wish to remove your information from our mailing list, please email a request to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Access and Correct or Delete Your Information.
If you would like to access and review the correctness of personal information you have submitted to us through the Online Services, please log in to your account for the particular Online Service or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Oregon Care Partners retains your personal and non-personal information indefinitely. You may request that we remove or delete your personal information from our systems, including all training data, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, although in some cases, we may refuse your request to comply with applicable laws or requirements.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have your Personally Identifiable Information deleted or removed. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
Privacy Contact Information.
Effective July 1, 2023
Types of Cookies
The following types of cookies may be used when you visit the Site:
“First-party cookies” can be either permanent or temporary. These are necessary cookies, without which the Site will not work properly or be able to provide certain features and functionalities.
Site Management Cookies
Site management cookies are used to maintain your identity or session on the Site so that you are not logged off unexpectedly, and any information you enter is retained from page to page.
Personalization cookies are used to recognize repeat visitors to the Site. We use these cookies to record your browsing history, the pages you have visited, and your settings and preferences each time you visit the Site.
Security cookies help identify and prevent security risks. We use these cookies to authenticate users and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
Analytics cookies monitor how users reach the Site, and how they interact with and move around once on the Site. These cookies let us know what features on the Site are working the best and what features on the Site can be improved.
Third-party cookies may be placed on your computer when you visit the Site by companies that run certain services we offer. These cookies allow third parties to gather and track certain information about you.
Advertising cookies are placed on your computer by advertisers and ad servers to display advertisements that are most likely to be of interest to you. These cookies allow advertisers and ad servers to gather information about your visits to the Site and other websites, alternate the ads sent to a specific computer, and track how often an ad has been viewed and by whom. These cookies are linked to a computer and do not gather any personal information about you.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can opt-out by changing the settings in your browser to stop accepting cookies, or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from a website you visit. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use our services.
For more information on how to control cookies, check your browser or device’s settings for how you can control or reject cookies, or visit the following links:
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Android (Chrome)
- iPhone or iPad (Chrome)
- iPhone or iPad (Safari)
In addition, you may opt-out of some third-party cookies through the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool.
Other Tracking Technologies
In addition to cookies, we may use pixel tags, and other tracking technologies on the Site to help customize the Site and improve your experience. A “pixel tag” is tiny object or image embedded in a web page or email. They are used to track the number of users who have visited particular pages and viewed emails and acquire other statistical data. They collect only a limited set of data, such as a cookie number, time and date of page or email view, and a description of the page or email on which they reside. Pixel tags cannot be declined. However, you can limit their use by controlling the cookies that interact with them.
Effective July 1, 2023