LIVE ONLINE WEBINAR FOR FAMILY CAREGIVERS starts at 7:00 pm on TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12th!
What is happening when someone has dementia? During this webinar, a Positive Approach® to Care certified trainer will help you move past many commonly held beliefs about dementia to create awareness of what is actually happening within a changing brain. This is an excellent opportunity to have your questions answered by an expert, and learn hands-on skills and techniques to help you provide care and support to someone living with dementia.
In this webinar you will:
- Learn the difference between “Normal Aging” and “Not Normal Aging” as it relates to how the brain functions
- Explore different types of dementia – even though they are different, how you approach care is not different
- Learn the how and why behind changing behaviors, emotions, interactions, and reactions
- Develop better observational skills to recognize and intervene effectively when behavioral challenges occur
- Develop new skills related to approach, cueing, and ability to connect with people living with dementia
- Watch from the comfort of your home using a computer, smartphone or tablet
- Internet access is required
- No program download or installation necessary
- Your webinar access link will be sent via email after your online registration is complete
- Follow the access link to the live webinar starting at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, February 12, 2019
The Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) is based on training materials developed by Teepa L. Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA, Dementia Care and Training Specialist -Positive Approach, LLC and is presented by an Oregon Care Partners PAC certified trainer. All video and training materials developed by Teepa L. Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA, Dementia Care and Training Specialist -Positive Approach, LLC.
February 12, 2019 at 7:00pm-8:30pm