LIVE ONLINE WEBINAR FOR FAMILY CAREGIVERS starts at 7:00 pm on April 23rd!
Meaningful days matter to all people. This need does not change for someone who is living with dementia. During this webinar, a Positive Approach® to Care certified trainer will teach you how to develop meaningful daily activities that are appropriate and effective for various levels of dementia, and that promote social interaction and engagement while reducing distress and isolation.
In this webinar you will:
- Learn the importance of meaningful daily activities that match your loved one’s needs, abilities and preferences
- Learn the primary categories of activities that make up a balanced day and help human beings feel valued, productive and purposeful
- Use Teepa’s GEMS™: Brain Change Model to understand an individuals current state of ability and brain function as they relate to activities
- Explore simple, inexpensive tasks and materials to help your loved one feel productive and involved
- Learn how the power of music can bring more joy to the people in your care
- Watch from the comfort of your home using a computer, smartphone or tablet
- Internet access is required
- No program download or installation necessary
- Your webinar access link will be sent via email after your online registration is complete
- Follow the access link to the live webinar starting at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, April 23, 2019
The Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) is based on training materials developed by Teepa L. Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA, Dementia Care and Training Specialist -Positive Approach, LLC and is presented by an Oregon Care Partners PAC certified trainer. All video and training materials developed by: Teepa L. Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA, Dementia Care and Training Specialist -Positive Approach, LLC.