LIVE ONLINE WEBINAR FOR FAMILY CAREGIVERS starts at 7:00 pm on April 9th!
Wanting a person we love to be safe is a strong need to those of us worried about someone living with dementia. How do we talk with that person about our concerns? When do we need to get help from others? What do we do if someone wanders? During this webinar, a Positive Approach® to Care certified trainer will teach you how to develop awareness of potential safety issues around your home and in various situations as well as how to have those difficult conversations about safety.
In this webinar you will:
- Learn the importance of recognizing when situations may be potentially dangerous based on your loved one’s needs, abilities and preferences
- Use Teepa’s GEMS™: Brain Change Model to understand an individual’s current state of ability and brain function as they relate to safety
- Explore approaches and methods for conversations with loved ones about safety concerns
- Learn about resources that are available to assist with safety concerns
- Watch from the comfort of your home using a computer, smartphone or tablet
- Internet access is required
- No program download or installation necessary
- Your webinar access link will be sent via email after your online registration is complete
- Follow the access link to the live webinar starting at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, April 9, 2019
The Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) is based on training materials developed by Teepa L. Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA, Dementia Care and Training Specialist -Positive Approach, LLC and is presented by an Oregon Care Partners PAC certified trainer. All video and training materials developed by Teepa L. Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA, Dementia Care and Training Specialist -Positive Approach, LLC.